Looking to book a COVID-19 PCR Test? Book Now
How to Treat Hematochezia?
From the bottom you may be bleeding if you have:
- Blood in your poo or bloody diarrhea
- Red streaks on the outside of your poo
- Very dark, smelly poo
- Blood on your toilet paper
- Pink water in the toilet bowl
- Without needing treatment, a small amount of one-off bleeding can often go away on its own.
Visit your GP if you have:
- Have more tired than usual
- Child has blood in their poo
- Poo has been softer, thinner or longer than normal for three weeks
- Blood in your poo for three weeks
- Lot of pain around the bottom
- Pain or lump in your tummy