Chest Pains: Urgent Medical Evaluation Needed

Chest Pains: Urgent Medical Evaluation Needed
Published on, 24 April, 2024. Answered by Dr. Muhammad Zeitsev Bin Azman and Verified by Dr.Galen Team
Patient Question

Hello Doctor,


I've been experiencing mild chest pains/irritations for the past few weeks. They occasionally spike in pain but are never extremely severe. I feel them in my upper back on the right side, on the side, and also in my shoulder. Along with this, I'm having periodic dizziness, very mild, and difficulty breathing at times. Should I be concerned and see a doctor?



Thank you for reaching out to Dr. Galen. Please find the below response to your query.


Yes, it's essential to see a doctor for further evaluation, especially considering your symptoms. Depending on your age, the cause could vary. It may be related to atherosclerosis of the vertebral arteries, particularly if you're younger, or it could indicate a spine issue if you're older. Additionally, considering your symptoms, there's a possibility it could be related to a mild heart problem, especially if you have underlying conditions or risk factors. Seeing a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment is crucial in this situation.



Ask Multiple Doctors Online for Just $5!

Ask Now

About Dr. Muhammad Zeitsev Bin Azman

Enroll as a Doctor