Worried About Itchy Genital Skin? Get Expert Advice Now!

Worried About Itchy Genital Skin? Get Expert Advice Now!
Published on, 04 June, 2024. Answered by Dr. Anna Chacon and Verified by Dr.Galen Team
Patient Question

Hello Doctor,

I'm experiencing itching and pimple-like bumps on my genitals. I've been using Lotrix skin cream, which helped clear allergies elsewhere on my body. Can you recommend any cream or tablets for this?

Answered by Dr. Anna Chacon


Thank you for reaching out to Dr. Galen. Please find below my response to your query.


As a dermatologist, I understand that your symptoms may be causing you discomfort and worry. It's important to know that issues with genital skin should be checked in person by a healthcare professional or a dermatologist because the area is sensitive. The symptoms you're describing could be caused by various things like a fungal infection, contact dermatitis, an allergic reaction, or even a sexually transmitted infection. That's why it's crucial to get an accurate diagnosis before starting any treatment. While Lotrix cream is antifungal and can help with fungal infections, it might not be effective if your condition is caused by something else. I recommend making an appointment with your healthcare provider or a dermatologist as soon as possible for an examination. In the meantime, try not to scratch the area as it can make things worse. Remember, it's important not to try to diagnose or treat genital skin issues on your own without professional medical advice.







Ask Multiple Doctors Online for Just $5!

Ask Now

About Dr. Anna Chacon

Enroll as a Doctor