Looking to book a COVID-19 PCR Test? Book Now
Know about Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery
- Minimally invasive way to do surgery inside the chest using several small cuts (incisions) instead of one larger incision (open surgery).
- It is used to remove lung tumor, remove any tissue or blood or pus in the lining of chest or any other procedure involving any organs in chest.
- Complications include Air leak, Partially collapsed lung (atelectasis), Excessive bleeding, Pneumonia or any complications from anesthesia.
- After the procedure, if you have any of these, go back to Hospital straightaway. Increasing pain, swelling around the wound, oozing, more phlegm, breathlessness, fever or any other severe symptoms.
- Take adequate pain killers for pain after the procedure.