Looking to book a COVID-19 PCR Test? Book Now
How to Treat Subarachnoid Hemorrhage?
- Specialist center with neurointensive care support
- Coiling: Coils are placed in the aneurysm to prevent further bleeding done by interventional radiologists
- Clipping: Neurosurgeon clips the aneurysm to prevent rebleeding.
- Clipping or coiling depends on size, location, and shape of the aneurysm. Coiling is preferred due to lower risk.
- Nimodipine is used to prevent brain ischemia from spasm. This also can be injected into the affected arteries directly.
- Pain relief for headache, phenytoin for fits and promethazine for vomiting and nausea.