Looking to book a COVID-19 PCR Test? Book Now
How to Treat Neuromyelitis Optica?
- No cure for NMO, but treatments can help to relieve symptoms, prevent future relapses and slow down the disease progression. You may be recommended:
- Steroids to reduce the inflammation
- Medication to relieve your symptoms and suppress your immune systems, such as azathioprine, mycophenolate or methotrexate
- Rituximab, a new type of medicine known as a biological, to reduce inflammation
- Rehabilitation techniques, such as physiotherapy, can also help if you have problems with your mobility