Looking to book a COVID-19 PCR Test? Book Now
How to Treat Hip Fracture?
- Thinning of bone or osteoporosis if present will also need treatment.
- Depends on fracture type and fitness, different surgeries are available.
- Internal fixation for outside socket fracture or not much displacement.
- Femoral head prosthesis for inside socket fractures.
- Complete hip replacement is major surgery and considered if you have associated arthritis.
- Not doing anything will slow recovery and may make people worse. However, long term bed rest is the option in unfit patients.