Looking to book a COVID-19 PCR Test? Book Now
How to Treat Hereditary Neuropathy With Pressure Palsies?
- No cure for HNPP, but you can do things to help you manage your condition
Try to avoid if you start to experience symptoms:
- Leaning on your elbows, having someone rest on your arm, or resting the backs of your arms on a chair
- Prolonged sitting with your legs crossed
- Repetitive wrist or elbow movements
It can also help you:
- if you are overweight lose weight
- Wear ankle or wrist supports, and protective elbow and knee pads, to avoid the nerves getting worse
- Fill your bed with a foam mattress to reduce the pressure on your affected nerves
- Note what triggers your symptoms, so you can change the way you do some activities
- Visit an occupational therapist for advice on how to perform daily activities
There are medications you can take if you are suffering from nerve pain.