Things to note:
- Regulate salt and fluid intake. Weigh daily.
- Postural blood pressure for monitoring fluid loss and to prevent excessive diuresis.
Evaluate proteinuria with protein creatinine ratio:
- Initially - weekly
- when discharged - monthly, until stable
Monitor potassium frequently for patients on ACE inhibitors and/or diuretics. Medical Treatment:
- Management should be guided by a nephrologist according to the biopsy result.
When to refer:
- These patients are at increased risk of renal and deep vein thrombosis.