Looking to book a COVID-19 PCR Test? Book Now
How to Treat Eye Injuries?
- No need for medical treatment for minor irritation or injury to the front of the eye and it should be clear within 24 hours
- Take painkillers such as paracetamol or ibuprofen
- Do not rub or touch your eye, apply pressure or wear contact lenses until it is completely healed to avoid further damage
- If you have any concerns about your injury or if it is not better within 24 hours, visit your GP or optician
- Flush them out for at least 10 to 15 minutes with an eyewash or plenty of clean water if you have loose particles in your eye or your eye is exposed to chemicals
- Remember, if you wear contact lenses, before flushing the eye to remove them