How to Treat Cerebral Toxoplasmosis?
- July 26, 2023
- No Comments
Cotrimoxazole 80/400, oral, 4 tablets for 28 days 12 hours, followed by 2 tablets for 3 months 12 hours.
Continue to increase CD4 to > 200 cells / mm3 on ART for at least 6 months.
* Cotrimoxazole 80/400 mg, oral, 2 tablets daily .
- Patients with a history of cotrimoxazole hypersensitivity should be considered for desensitisation.
- Desensitisation should not be considered for patients with hypersensitivity that is life threatening such as Steven-Johnsons syndrome.
- This desensitisation schedule should only be done as an inpatient.
Specialist or tertiary
- Cotrimoxazole intolerance.
first attempt desensitization.