Looking to book a COVID-19 PCR Test? Book Now
How to Treat Dysentery?
- Usually it does not need treatment, because it clears up after three to seven days on its own
- Take plenty of fluids and use oral rehydration solutions (ORS) to avoid dehydration
- Over-the-counter painkillers, such as paracetamol, can help relieve pain and fever
- Avoid antidiarrhoeal medications, like loperamide, as they can make things worse
- You should not come outside until at least 48 hours after the last episode of diarrhea to reduce the risk of spreading the infection to others