Looking to book a COVID-19 PCR Test? Book Now
How to Treat Breast Abscess?
- Have an ultrasound scan of your breast to check for an abscess
- The pus can be drained from an abscess with either a needle or a small cut in your skin
- Go home the same day and may be given antibiotics to take at home
- In a few days or weeks, the abscess should heal completely
- If you can, keep to feed with both breasts. This will not harm your baby and can help heal your breast
- If breastfeeding is too painful, try expressing milk from breasts with your hand or a breast pump