How to Treat Irregular Heartbeat?
- July 26, 2023
- No Comments
Your arrhythmia will be treated will depend on whether it is a fast or slow arrhythmia or heart block. Any underlying causes of your arrhythmia, such as heart failure, will need to be treated as well. Arrhythmias treatment includes:
- Medication: Stop or prevent an arrhythmia or control the rate of an arrhythmia.
- Cardioversion: A treatment that uses electricity to shock the heart back into a normal rhythm while you are anesthetized or sedated
- Catheter ablation: A keyhole treatment under local or general anesthetic that carefully destroys the diseased tissue in your heart that causes the arrhythmia.
- Pacemaker: A small device containing its own battery that is implanted in your chest under local anesthetic; it produces electrical signals to do the work of the natural pacemaker in your heart to help it beat at a normal rate.
- ICD: A device similar to a pacemaker that monitors your heart rhythm and shocks your heart back into a normal rhythm whenever this is needed