Looking to book a COVID-19 PCR Test? Book Now
How to Treat Sinusitis?
Things to note:
- In all cases, paranasal sinus radiography, preferably by CT scanning, should be done.
- Sodium chloride spraying or nasal cavity irrigation can provide symptomatic relief.
- Ceftriaxone, IV, 2 g 12 hours of reference time.
Topical nasal decongestants, e.g:
When to refer:
- 0,05 percent intranasal oxymetazoline, given 8 hours a day.
- The prophylactic.
- Refer to the center where an appropriate surgical specialist, i.e., after initiation of antimicrobial therapy. There is an ophthalmologist, ENT specialist or neurochirurgist.
- Fungal sinusitis suspected.