Looking to book a COVID-19 PCR Test? Book Now
How to Treat Hyperemesis Gravidarum?
Things to note:
- Frequent small, dry meals.
- Avoid fatty and spicy foods.
- Restrict oral intake for 24-48 hours, but ensure adequate intravenous hydration.
Correct electrolyte imbalance with IV fluids.
- Pyridoxine, oral, 25 mg 8 hourly.
- Metoclopramide, oral/IV, 10-20 mg 6 hourly as needed.
- Vitamin B complex, IV, 10 mL.
In refractory cases:
Administer daily until hyperemesis is controlled:
- Dexamethasone, IM/IV, 4-8 mg daily.
- Ondansetron, IV, 4-8 mg over 5 minutes, daily.