Certain causes are curable like blindness due to cataract. Depending on the cause, you may consider appropriate treatment first. But if you are already blind, then you need a specialist who can recommend visual aids and further sources of support.
- Necessary changes at home like big button telephone, computer, community access, bright lighting helps
- Magnifying glasses, Braille Books, Talking Books, Voice recognition programs will help to deal with various communication needs.
- Guide Dogs will help you to get around. So can GPS units.
- If your vision is compromised, then your driving license will not be valid. Check local rules.
- Various organization provide specific employment opportunities and choosing the organization will help. Example, Perfume testing is done better by visually handicapped.