Looking to book a COVID-19 PCR Test? Book Now
How to Treat Atherosclerosis?
- There are no treatments currently available that can reverse atherosclerosis, but the changes in the healthy lifestyle suggested above may help to stop it from getting worse
- Dietary changes and medication for diabetes
- Statins for high cholesterol
- Medicines to reduce the risk of blood clots
- Medicines for high blood pressure
- A procedure to widen or bypass an affected artery (such as coronary angioplasty, a coronary artery bypass graft, or a carotid endarterectomy)